Today’s recipe, Hot Cross Buns, is a family favourite at this time of year, and something not to be missed. There are many variations, some people […]Read more
About IELTS – The English Teacher IELTS preparation for Academic and General Training
The IELTS qualification was introduced in the 1989 and is run by Cambridge English Language Assessment, The British Council and IDP Education Australia. The IELTS is accepted by over 9,000 institutions and professional registration bodies in more than 140 countries across the globe.
The IELTS is in four parts, reading, writing, speaking and listening. The four skills are adapted to accommodate language for work (General Training) or academic study (Academic). To learn more about the General Training and Academic exams, read our IELTS guide.
Our 60 hour intensive course takes place over two and a half weeks. The package includes:
- 60 hours of direct teaching.
- Introduction to both exams, marking criteria and pass levels.
- Analysis of the four skills tests.
- Overview of the question types.
- Breakdown of exam techniques and strategies.
- Materials and resources.
- Exam preparation pack.
We also provide on-line support in addition to our direct tutoring. Our students have their own individual learning portal with access to a variety of resources.
Materials and activities are updated on a regular basis to prepare candidates for their exam.
Additional programmes provide further learning opportunities to boost the intensive course. They provide candidates with the opportunity to monitor their progress and development.
Our supporting packages are:
- Initial assessment of English level. This allows us to place the students in the appropriate class.
- Progress tests. These monitor student development and exam readiness.
- Open access masterclasses provide a detailed analysis and exam strategy for each sub-test.
- A full practice exam is given under exam conditions to accurately reflect test day environment. IELTS enrolment. We enrol candidates for the exam to minimise paperwork and administration for the candidate or employer.
For information about pricing, click here.