How appropriate is the Life in the UK Citizenship Test for living real life in the UK? According to a recent study, not that relevant at […]Read more
English for Hospitality
A tutor led in-house English programme for hotel, restaurant and front of house hospitality staff. The course is built around the Functional Skills exam framework and tailored for beginner / intermediate ( CEFR A2 to B1) level students who require a Functional Skills qualification from Entry Level 1 to Entry Level 3.
Our 30 hour course concentrates on the essential elements needed to successfully pass the Functional Skills exam, together with the ability to interact with guests in a natural way.
This course allows client-facing staff to:
- Communicate appropriately with colleagues, guests and liaise with suppliers and other outside agencies.
- Deal efficiently with requests, complaints and instructions.
- Be aware of and overcome pronunciation challenges in order to relate information clearly.
- Approach the Functional Skills exam with confidence.
Our course is built around the English required to successfully progress in the hospitality industry, and concentrates on all the elements needed to pass the Functional skills exam.
Students will be able to:
- Use appropriate vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and spelling in written texts.
- Identify different texts and read for gist and specific information.
- Talk about familiar and unfamiliar topics, ask questions, give and clarify information.
English for Hospitality can also be supported by our open access Functional Skills Masterclass. This additional support package gives candidates a detailed overview of this qualification and the techniques and strategies to help pass the exam.
English for Hospitality
A bespoke 30 hour course delivered in-house as a group or one-to-one, and includes:
- Level placement test.
- Analysis of pronunciation needs.
- Tasks, materials and activities tailored to customer service in the hospitality industry.
- Review of student learning needs, and signposting to further applicable English qualifications.
- Exam preparation and enrolment on request.
Pricing is bespokeClick to enquire
Functional Skills Masterclass
A four day open access course which prepares the candidate for the exam.
- Introduction to the three sub-tests, marking criteria and pass level requirements.
- Analysis of each skill and the main features of the reading, writing, speaking and listening tests.
- Breakdown of exam structure and detailed review of question types and features of each test.
- Familiarisation with exam strategies and techniques to approach different question types.
- In-depth analysis of Functional Skills pass level grammar and vocabulary.
- Exam preparation pack.